Choosing a wedding photographer is such a daunting task for many bridal couples as there are a lot of factors to consider such as your budget, the style of the photographer and location of your wedding. Many a times, bridal couples tend to go for a cheaper photographer compromising on quality and style though couples are often asked to allocate at least 10% from their wedding budget for photography cost.
So to help you source for a good photographer to capture the essence of your wedding day, here are some questions you should ask your wedding photographer:
- What’s your primary style? Posed and formal, relaxed, photojournalistic, creative, artistic, candid, traditional?
- Do you shoot in color or black and white? Or both?
- Do you shoot in a digital format or film?
- Are you the wedding photographer who will actually take our pictures? If not, can we meet the person who will be?
- How many other events will you also photograph on the same day as our wedding or the same weekend?
- Do you offer any promotions or discounts for destination weddings or weekday wedding etc ?
- How long have you been a photographer?
- Is this your part-time or full-time job?
- How many camera bodies do you have? Do you carry a back-up at all times?
- How many lenses do you have?
- Do you just shoot locally or are you willing to travel to other states or countries for a shoot?
- Do you shoot alone or with an assistant?
- How many exposures would I expect to get from my wedding?
- Do you touch-up all the photos ?
- Would we get all the hi-res images?
- What is included in your package? Would you customise a package specially for me?
- Will the deposit be reimbursed if the wedding is cancelled or post-poned to another date.
- Do you offer wedding albums? What type?
- Do you offer parent’s album, if yes how much do they cost?
- How soon will we be able to receive my wedding album or photos?
- How will the pictures be shown for selection after the wedding? (electronically/proofs/contact sheets/online gallery etc.)
- Will the photographer give you an option to work together to select the final pictures for the album?
- What will you / your assistant be wearing on the day?
- What other possible additional fees / hidden cost might we incur?
- Do you allow other people to take photographs while you are working?
- Should we provide lunch/dinner for the photographer and/or assistant?
- How far in advance do I need to book you.
- Can we give you a list of specific shots we would like?
- What information do we need to provide you before the wedding day?
About Asha Carlos :
Asha is a female photographer based in the city of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and loves to take photos of all types of events especially wedding photography, corporate photography and outdoor portrait sessions. She loves to travel and is often looking for an excuse to shoot at destination weddings and beach weddings. So if you want someone to capture the important essence of your day but at the same time not break your bank, drop me an email or give me a call.