Apologies everyone… I know its been like more than 2 weeks since my last post, I’ve had to suddenly fly to England for a private family affair and am scheduled to be back to Malaysia on 12 March.
During this time, I’ve had a chance to unwind and rethink about a lot of things including photography as well. I’ve made a resolution to make an effort to blog more often… I know, its like March already, and making resolutions are like old school by now, but I guess It’s never too late. I’ll also try to blog not only about photography but about my other loves, interests and some personal stuff as well!
In the mean time, if anyone of you are planning to head to United Kingdom (UK) soon, here are some tips and info which may be helpful:
01) Support local farmer’s markets, local shops etc. (Many of them have recently closed down due to the economic downturn)
02) If you’re heading to the shops, bring your own shopping bags. (In an effort to save mother earth, less bags are being handed out).
03) Smoking has been banned in all pubs. (Thus giving the local pubs more of a restaurant feel to it)
04) Beware of yobs when you’re out and about. (Yob – spelt backwards for boy. Means young teenagers who are thugish)
05) Drinking Apple Cider is back in style!
06) Always carry an umbrella and bring warm clothings with you when you travel to UK – any season, any time. (The weather is quite unpredictable nowadays)
07) Check yourself into a local Bed & Breakfast (B&B) as the experience is delicious, especially breakfast.
08) If you are heading to London, head to the BBC website and get an audience pass for one of your favourite shows.
09) Renting a car might be cheaper than you think.(The longer you rent, the cheaper per day it gets).
10) Chivalry still exists!